Saturday, October 24, 2009

Behind Julie's in Montreal

You know that thing people call boredom?
Not happening!

A friend was telling me recently how life always seems more exciting for others, especially when they are traveling. Well, fair enough, I can't judge for anyone else, however, though this week was full of events, some of them we will certainly be calling funny anecdotes in a few years, if you see what I mean.

So yeah, this week, though slow, has been pretty full of random events including and not excluding getting lost next to the US border without a passport and seeing my friend handcuffed by a couple of border officers whose IQ also bordered on the retard (about 25 put together at a wild shot), trying to buy my ticket to New Zealand via internet for 3 days consecutive and finding out that my credit card payment was being refused, but then finding out it is currently being used fraudulently by someone in London (where I last was in about 1999).. hours of Transatlantic conversations with my useless banker, riding my bike 140 km along the St Lawrence River, and more shockingly finding out it's really fun to watch hockey (after going to see a group of alpha males practising at the local hockey rink :D )

Tiger, Julien, Max

Un week end on va se balader dans les Cantons de l Est
Au chalet de Luc
Au verger de Val Caudalies, chez les amis de Julien, on boit du bon cidre glacé!! :o)

It was really freaky to see bike come out of box like that (see above)
After way too long though, bike was put together and I set off towards Trois-Rivieres with my Mr. cRockadile much lighter weighted.. The ride was very fun and beautiful, though cold of course. After the 90 km run on the 2nd day I was getting pretty wrecked (hell I'm getting old, tired knees!!)
I stopped in Trois-Rivieres and met up with my friend Véro, also not seen in 3 years, it was soo soo nice to see her!!
We had a real good time... knitting (so what's new? :P) and she doing courtepointe.
Derriere chez Vero, l'amour passe a travers le linge!! :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd7xTxQjPhE
I love Trois-Rivieres.. they decided to make it cultural capital of something or other, and amongst others, there is a poetry festival every year. All over the town there are about 350 plaques with verses from different authors' poems (mostly from Quebec I think) and this on the photo above is actually a monument to the Unknown Poet.. Legendary!!
The box next to it is a boîte a poemes, like a letter box for people to go and deliver their poems. Brilliant!!
Thursday I was going to ride back towards Montreal, but it started snowing, so I got lazy and took a ride back in a car.

On the bright side, I found a swimming-pool in Trois-Rivieres and got to pay the insane price of 8 bucks to go and take a dip (kraest *whimper*).. well, the actual price was *only* 6 bucks, but then you get to the changing rooms and find out the only solution to get your locker to lock is... rent a lock. For an extra 2 bucks. (?!) but It s ok, you can buy one at the shop next door if you prefer, quote. Hmmm.
Snow in Trois-Rivieres!!

Now it's Sunday night and instead of heavily procrastinating I should be packing my stuff, as I am leaving for the airport in about 3 and a half hours to go and catch a plane to Guatemala to see my sister (yipee!!)
BUT, we are watching the Godfather, so I guess (as usual) my case will be packed in 3 minutes, 5 minutes after the time we should have left, and I'll probably be wondering why I have 3 gloves and no swimming-costume.

Oh well, I guess... you learn... :o)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Have a fabulous time in Guatemala! Hope you didn't leave your swimming-costume behind... that'd probably suck. The gloves aren't any big deal. HOWEVER, if you were to stick around here... eeep... it started to snow the other day. I'm not too happy to see that again. Damned white stuff... I'd rather it were only the filling in the Oreo cookie.

Anonymous said...

WOW all this time ive been thinking you were going back to Canada to hook up with Louis-Peter-John-Paul, what ever his long name is to settle down and knit and be domestic "ha/ha" dosent he have the record for longest boyfriend or something. Hope you are well and are happy. by the way since when did a French women really need a bathing suit in South America you learnx2 fwafs love rc