Thursday, October 15, 2009

Retour a Montréal!! :o)

A view of Halifax airport..
Montréal vu du ciel
Puis Montréal underground!! :o)

Well well, hello again.
Funny, I m back in Montréal at last, and writing in English feels strange now, probably because I am experiencing every day en francais dans le texte..

When I was elsewhere imagining my coming back to Quebec, i often thought I d have this song in my head, by Ariane Moffat, a singer from here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2dSxQQhi_o


In the event, it wasn t in my head.. I was coming from St John s, wasn t I? She s coming back from Paris in her song.. :o)

The last couple of nights in St John s were a little strange.. Even if Noofnland (as they pronounce it) is ok, I was beginning to feel it was time for me to move on, and I was really looking forward to coming back to QC (after 3 years!!!)
Dunno if it was the weather, or if I was homesick (where the hell is home now anyway?) or what, but the jizz wasn t there, I wanted out.

Gros Morne was very nice though... beautiful colours, very friendly people, really a nice area of the island, definitely worth the trip. As I hitch hiked back I even got to spot my first 2 moose!! :o)

On the downside, more or less the moment I got back to my host s flat in StJ, he was being burgled, which made for a pretty awkward atmosphere for the last day or so, and much ruminating on how much some people really SUCK.

Sunday I had to be at the airport around 4 am. Not having an alarm clock is always fun in these cases (mental note: get one!!) so I got a sweet little taste of nightshift back on my brains. Because of burglary and collateral damage, plane trip and a very fun time at the first Montreal ska festival on Sunday night, by the time I went to bed on Monday morning, I hadnt slept for... hmmm.. not quite 40 hours. And it s strange, cause it didn t even feel like it. The excitement of being back I guess!

Sunday evening I met up with Louis-Philip, a friend I had picked fruit with in the Okanagan back in 2005, and we went to this ska festival which was really totally AWESOME. You can check out the programme here http://www.montrealskafestival.ca/
It was all the more great as I ve been feeling an urge to see good live muse recently..
There was actually a Newfie band playing, they were quite fun, but Chris Murray and the Slackers, and especially The Fabulous Lolo crooning her rock steady, mmmmh!!!
Actually, I m over the moon at being back here!! :o)

I'm staying with Julie and Martin.. Julie I met in Iceland last year. She picked me up at the airport, dunno what I'd have done otherwise.. not so easy to be mobile with a bicycle box bigger than you, entre autres! (was very funny moving in the airport with that on my trolley, couldn't see over the box.. help, small French menace ahead!! Tous aux abris!!!!)
My friend Enoal has been living in Montreal for the last 5 years, and I hadn't seen him in about 8 or 9, since university, we hung out down town on this beautiful sunny day!!
It s always nice to see friends, but there s something really special about people you ve known for AGES.. :o)
Today Enoal and I went up the tower of the Olympic stadium.. nice view on the town. Apparently on a clear day you can see at a distance of up to 80 km! La ville tentaculaire.. We went off to the botanical garden close by.. Cool garden furniture there! Flintstone Enoal.. :o) A few more days in the city and I'll be heading off to probably Trois-Rivieres to see Veronique and knit some more and watch Dirty Dancing, hihihi!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Burglary and collateral damage? What?

Missing my knitting buddy...
Take care!
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

be safe and happy fwafs