Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tilbaka á Íslandi

After about a month and a half in France, I decided since I was in Europe I most definitely had to hop back to this country I've been missing since I left it, j'ai nommé, Iceland! So I hopped in a plane and got here on Thursday.
I have several reasons for being here, one of them being to clear my head and regroup and think stuff over after what happened to Flo, and another reason being I just felt it that way. I know I'm not finished with this country.

I used to think if I came back to Europe, I would most certainly chose to come and live here. Things are looking a little different now, but I still think the country holds its place in my future! (and anyway, I'd said I would come back to take it over and make it my kingdom, so, yeah, be prepared, Icelanders!) :o)
I am very glad to find out that my mediocre Icelandic is still hanging there.
I hitch hiked from the airport to RVK, the weather was fine and I had no kronur :o) and didn't feel like asking anyone to pick me up from Kef.
15 minutes hitchwalking and no one picked me up. Put my thumb down, turned my back and someone stopped, and we spoke mostly Is till HAFNAFJORDUR!!!!! Crazy!!! (bounce bounce, I was happy!!!) (the guy didn't know what hit him)
...........................................................................................................................................................................
Since I left, they started publishing the "Little Prince" again in Icelandic (you couldn't find it anywhere last year) so I borrowed it off the library (aaaaaaaaah, sigh of joy) and am now reading my first real book in icelandic (apart from other kiddies' books, einmitt!)
...........................................................................................................................................................................
My first night here I slept at IFHK , the wonderful Reykjavik bicycle club (cheers, Mr. Gardens!)

On the 13th there's the annual Bláalónskeppnin, a 60 km race from RVK to the Blue Lagoon.
Twice I missed it (work) and never thought I'd be here this year to make it.

Mr Gardens convinced me it was a good idea to participate (though with my current physical state it'll probably take me 7 years and I'll finish crawling, if alive) so all I need to do now is get a bike and a helmet, and off we go.

As usual, bike rides are part of my every day life & pleasures..
Again, many thanks to the guys from IFHK who are always so helpful and welcoming and managed to procure me this one on my FIRST day!!!!

Thanx to that, I can go and hang around Seltjanarnes... .... and check out the birds, yay!
Kria!!!!!
I'm so happy to see and hear these damned birds again!!!
And eider ducks..

And yeah, other than that, well... I'm in Iceland, so I started knitting again, hehehe :o)
Take over the world with a needle and ball of yarn, they said!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad to hear that you are well and riding around Iceland on a bike. be safe and happy. iam still rooting for you and any other priate attacking them damn vikings. FWAFS love rc