Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last night in Iceland

Well, once again, a lot has happened since last time I wrote.. You can judge how much by how little I've been writing actually, too busy just DOING stuff.
So, I finished work just a little over a month ago; Flo my sister came and went (this is a picture of one of the highlights of her stay, says it all really...), I finished my diving course at last (and went diving in Silfra, one of the coolest places (no pun intended, though true!) for diving here.

Tonight is a bizarre night, the last one here -theoretically at least- after almost 18 months, since I am supposed to leave tomorrow day.

Ale moved two weeks ago, and Chrissi and Phil, the last bastion of my original core of flatmates left this morning with the bunny to catch the ferry back to Germany and I didn't feel like staying home. So I'm not :o)
I have loved life in this house so much I really can't be bothered to stay there to suck the leftovers, it's not the same without the others.

Hljomalind is also closing down :o(
Dunno the details, but quote the capitalistic fatcats are abusing their power and the cafe will shut, as the tennants are being evicted.
Damned sjit.. Made for some awesome partying though.. in fact these last few weeks were pretty heavy on that since we were all leaving.

Phil, Donald, EdEd, Chrissi, Donald the bagpipe player..
I decided to take my bike over to Canada (sorry Alice..)

The boys at the cycling club more than helped me fix it so it's in a good shape for leaving..
Cheers guys!!

Check them out at www.fjallahjolaklubburinn.is

Then I had to deal with all the crap accumulated in my room, and those who saw it will recognize it was not the easiest feat. I made it Chrissi!!! :o) It's all empty now!!
Alice and I posing with the Icelandic jumpers we knitted ourselves (and so proud we still tell everyone about it until they're so bored their eyes drop out)

My bike as it looks now..
I haven't weighed it, don't dare, it's so heavy I wonder how long it'll take before I have my first flat tire..And this is the Reykjafoss, where we will be tomorrow.
The crossing to Newfoundland is supposed to take about 5 to 6 days, so more about that later..

Bye!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iam wondering how long its going to take iceland to recover from emma and the gang haha hope your trip is well and the pirates are kind to you keep up the blog say hi to the three named guy fwafs god bless r/c