Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And so it's rolling on again.

I'm back in Iceland again, have been for some months and staying for another few days.

A few months ago, immediately after I arrived here again, I decided to stop this blog I had started 3 years ago (actually the day after I came to Iceland for the first time) , on account of 1) having little of interest to say and 2) just finding it harsh to express things in a light way

The other day, I was, as often on a week end, at the local fleemarket with a friend, when who should I bump into but some other friends from France, Iceland fans who are here on their 3rd visit.
They are both extremely talented artists in their own way: Corinne works glass and Philippe works metal, a good combination for a great couple :o)

Anyway, they have a blog also, and looking at it the other day made me want to post a few pictures again.

Incidentaly, yesterday I went on a trip to Snaefellsnes, so here's some food for the blog.
First stop next to Raudamelsölkelda The car I was renting in the foreground. A big bugger, and it looks tiny on the pic. Serve it right. As I got closer to where the glacier Snaefellsjökull stands, I tried to get out of the car several times, and you know what? Seriously it was SO freezing and windy I had to hop back in immediately! At some point it even took me a couple of MINUTES to close the car door, it was blowing so strong.
Incidentally, I wonder if the glacier is not trying to send me a message.
Last time I went to S. it was the same story (see end of post on the link).
Car almost flew away.
Maybe I should eat more breakfast and weigh myself down.

1 comment:

Suzanne Daumann said...

But this is a LOVELY blog - don't close it!